The Electric Zine Maker (⚡️📝✂️) is a printshop and art tool for making zines.
This tool includes a drawing interface. You can import images, size and place, write text with any font that you have installed, smudge, paint, and a number of other options. You can also save your zines, and easily re-import them by dragging the saved zine folder back into the main menu. It is built with collaboration in mind.
If you liked The Electric Zine Maker please consider paying for it so I can cover development costs and make money from it. Thank you kindly.
The Electric Zine Maker is still under development!!!
This is an early beta.
Be gentle! It has early beta feelings!!! 💔❤️!??
More art tools are being built for it.
There are a number of bugs. It is rough around a few edges.
You can read more about what is planned for it here.
The Electric Zine Maker is planned to be an “art toy”. It’s a playful tool with which you can create cute little things. The finished version will feature a silly little back-story, and other characters, maybe even some small game-like interactions to build a story around it, so that it’s an all around playful piece of freeware.
* Many strange and interesting art-tools for the drawing interface
* Bugs need to be fixed and the UI’s still need more work
* A back story, and little characters that reinforce the fictional universe it is placed in.
* A number of other art-tools (that are packaged with it), that allow you to create effects and glitch art for your zines.
* Clip art will be bundled with the Zine Maker so you have more art to work with.
Things from other devs:
* Jeremy Oduber made an html template for turning zines made with the Electric Zine Maker into a web ready html zine (web zines!). You can host those on itch. It’s easy to use! Check it out: https://jeremyoduber.itch.io/js-zine